OVERVIEW: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor in ensuring that the physical aspects of the community meet the company’s established standards for safety, appearance and operation within the budgeted financial goals. Responsibilities include completing apartment turnovers to meet MRD expectations to ensure ready apartments, completely all service requests timely and courteously.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Conduct all business in accordance with MRD policies and procedures. Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws. Must comply with the community’s operating and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor and/or perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner
- Perform all other “service” positions as needed (Grounds, Housekeeping, etc)
- Understand all areas of Maintenance expectations, curb appeal, boiler room, water softener and hallway inspections, customer service, and resident retention. Performs Preventative Maintenance following company policy. Maintain all buildings, common areas and grounds in a safe and clean manner.
- Understand MRD purchasing process for approval and ordering.
- Understand how to use all maintenance forms and logs (ex. Salt/Snow Logs, maintenance request, Hallway inspections, etc.).
- Perform tasks in accordance with the schedule prepared with and by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager.
- Operate and maintain machinery (manual and electric tools) that is necessary to perform the Maintenance Technician’s duties, including but not limited, to, lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc.
- Perform turnover of apartments, including cleaning, painting, carpet shampooing and other repairs as directed by and with the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager.
- Perform such functions as mowing, raking, planting, fertilizing, watering, edging, weeding, installing mulch, pruning shrubs and snow removal.
- Perform asphalt maintenance through out the year.
- Promptly report actual and potential problems, including potential liability and work place hazards to the Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager and/or Zone Manager.
- Perform yearly unit-by-unit inspections as directed by Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager.
- Keep the grounds clean by picking up papers and debris, emptying outside trash cans, sweeping and snow blowing walks and lots, applying oil dry in parking lots and maintaining all dumpster areas in a clean and safe manner.
- Perform all maintenance and repair operations at the site, including responding to service requests within 24 hours and refurbishing vacant apartments within 3 working days.
- Understand our policy and procedure for entering occupied apartments and leaving the proper documentation for work performed.
- Wear personal protective equipment, as required by policy, including: lumbar belt, wrap around safety goggles, cut/slash proof gloves, etc.
- Ensure that any outside contractors or Management Resources Development crews responsible for apartment turnovers are performing the required work is a timely and effective manner.
- Represents himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with residents, visitors and other employees.
- May be required to live on-site as a condition of employment.
- Respond to training provided by Maintenance Supervisors within the Company to improve qualifications to perform repairs of increasing complexity on buildings, systems, and equipment contained in the property.
- Assist other properties when needed.
- Must provide own tools. However some specialized tools are provided by the company and must remain on site. The company does not replace individual tools when lost or damaged.
- Wear the prescribed uniform at all times during working hours.
- Attend and participate in the presentation of regular monthly safety meetings and regular team meetings.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: One year related experience and/or training.
- Work Hours: Full time hours. Be available for emergency calls, 24 hours per day, and 7 days a week when required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance for up to 50 feet. Occasionally climb ladders to a height in excess of 10 feet to a maximum of 25 feet depending upon the nature of the property. The employee must have experience and knowledge in working on electrical systems, plumbing and carpentry (including painting, drywall repair, etc). Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.